The Chief of Treasury, Debt & Investments is charged with responsibility of overseeing major functions of the City’s financial position with primary responsibility for Debt, Cash Management and Investment activities. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and the Deputy Chief Financial Officer. The Treasury Chief will serve as the City’s banker with complete oversight and management of all banking transactions, products and services, including the assessment of liquidity, effective delivery of complex financial transactions and ensuring adherence to financial controls. Furthermore, the Treasury Chief will be expected to perform all administrative and technical work related to projections regarding cash management and treasury operations to include taking a lead role in identifying, structuring and executing financing transactions on behalf of City.
The successful candidate will convey a high degree of credibility and have demonstrated experience and strong capabilities with portfolio management and debt issuance and administration. Strong leadership and managerial capabilities are required to organize, direct, and lead the team. This position effectively provides full oversight and day to day management of the City's debt and cash investment portfolio to include, but not limited to:
- Manage all treasury functions including oversight of consolidated cash accounts, receipt and disbursements of funds, banking and merchant card services, cash forecasting, short term investing and protection of funds
- Lead role in the strategic planning, structuring and execution of debt issuance and/or re-financings for City agencies and departments including Watershed Management and Aviation, Conduit Agencies and General Obligation
- Assist in the preparation of the City’s daily cash position ensuring liquidity while maximizing interest income potential
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in the development of the City’s investment and debt policies, debt affordability and debt capacity studies
- Responsible for development of annual, quarterly and monthly investment reports
- Manage external vendors and financial consultants, including underwriters, financial advisors, bond counsel, broker/dealers and rating agency services
- Coordinate and approve all Treasury-related activities to ensure program delivery and adherence to appropriate policies, procedures and specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Public Administration, or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation strongly preferred
- Management experience in a full service municipality or similarly complex public agency
- Five (5) years of financial, public administration, or business experience with a minimum of three (3) years in a management supervisory capacity.
If you, or someone you know, meet these requirements and are interested in learning more about this exciting career opportunity, please contact Maurice Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org and include an updated resume/CV.
Accretive Solutions is a national professional services firm providing Consulting, Staffing, and Outsourcing solutions to a wide variety of organizations from start-ups to the Fortune 500. We specialize in solving problems in Accounting & Finance, Governance & Compliance, Information Technology and Business Transformation. Our Executive Search practice has a long and successful history of identifying great talent on behalf of our clients and their organizations.
Throughout our 30 year history performing Executive Search, we have earned an excellent reputation for delivering results and operating with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism. One of the things that set us apart is our practice of always doing what is in the best interests of those we serve - both clients and candidates alike.
Accretive Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.